Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

Sight Options on a BHP

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  weshowe 
#1 ·
My favorite BHP's sights are the hi-viz type on the rear and the stock front sight that came on the handgun. The gun is fairly accurate with this current setup but I really want a uniform pair of sights on this piece. I have thought about some hi-viz on the front and also thought about purchasing a stock rear sight and having it installed. I also thought about some premium sights such as Novak. I would love to hear some insight on what you guys prefer and why.

#2 ·
I have two Hi Powers. The older one has a S&W K-frame rear sight. The newer one has Novak sights with a gold bead front sight. I like them both because they lay close to the slide -- they don't stick out so they don't catch anything. I really like the gold bead. It stands out very clearly. Here a photo. (That's my lens cap and a very low angle which is why it's not round.)

The aim isn't dead on, but you can see how the front sight stands out.

Vern

#4 ·
bt - I have Novak style sights on all of my 1911 and half of my BHP-35s. Too late to change that but I have specified Heinies on my latest BHP-35. I have Heinies on my G34s. However, I generally prefer plain black sights in the rear. I am also not totally committed to night sights. I do sort of like the XS Big Dots which I have on a couple of roundguns. I could not get them to work for me on my semiautos.

If all of my Novaks fell off I would probably standardize on Heinies because 10-8 apparently does not make their sights for BHP-35! Heinie will also install the sights on your slide for very little as well.

#5 ·
Gents,

I've got a set of "buried" Bo-Mars on one Hi-Power, a set of Trijicon(green/green) on my Silver-Chrome, and the "Practical is box stock.

Like the Trijicon's the best.

I have several gold front sights on my revolvers and one on my 1911 Government Model. Gold sights work well and seem to pick up any available light well.

Wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.